Wednesday, August 6, 2008

School for now..

it's 3rd day of school now..this week is pretty slack because there are no tutorials. My first lecture was yesterday 1630, a 2hr lecture, and it's good to have seniors around because you can ask for directions.
I'm staying in Hall 14. Hall Camp was held last week, sad to say I didn't stay for the entire camp, skipping a few days and there..The programmes weren't as good as those they had for Sports Camp, which was really fucking good..But I would say the bonds forged in hall would probably matter more..and it has to be more important during my stay here..
For now things are still pretty quiet, not exactly the way I had thought it would turn out to be..maybe because our OG isn't exactly as well bonded as the rest..many of us disappearing here and there..maybe it's because I'm not doing what I'm supposed to do..opening up..but well..
we had a combined hall bash at zouk on monday night..and a few of us from Apus stayed til the house lights came on at 0215..before making our way back to school..i don't exactly enjoy clubbing..because it's expensive and the fun factor was always lacking..but this 3rd experience is definitely way much better than the previous two times that I had been there..drinks..music..lovely..
partying til late isn't going to help in your studies..not that I have any lectures in the morning..but I had to do changes to my timetable at 10am..and I overslept and the slots are all taken up when I turned on my laptop at 12. I've tried to do some damage control and I'm just waiting for one more slot to be freed before I have a proper timetable..i have a 5 day week..but I guessed it doesn't really matter..
i need to have a tighter control on my wallet..i have buy bread and cornflakes to cut cost..i feel like a hungry ghost..needing 2 meals before I become full..take last night's dinner at IMM with ZiWei before she flew for exchange..I had ayam penggan..and I needed a McChicken and Ice Cream cone before I thought that was enough..looks like the initial budget of $10 a day of meals isn't going to be enough. :X
Had a jog around the perimeter of school last night..it's a 5km trek they say..it's kind of short I would say..shall see how I can increase the distance..I seriously don't think it's a 5km route..maybe the up-slopes are killers...but I kinda enjoy them..I plan to do my 2.4 asap..but I can't do 12 pull up and my lack of faith in my SBj isn't helping..shall see how things progress in the weeks to come..

2 comments:

Morphus said...

Welcome to NTU!! Haha...Hall 14 is just next to Hall 13, where Huiqi and I stayed last sem leh. Maybe i'll look you up sometime. Hope you enjoy your stay in Hall 14 ;)

-May

-08- said...

haha..yep..i've seen her like once so far..and i think i'm starting to understand why you prefer travelling to sch daily than to stay in hall :(