Friday, April 25, 2008

Horoscopes..

well..i find the study of zodiac signs slash horoscope to be a very interesting topic..if there's ever a study or course in it in uni, I'm so going to take it up.

It first started where I was shown me this article on Sagittarius on the net, which turned out to be very true. They can be distinguished by their high forehead. To insult their feature would be tantamount to suicide. Think Harry Potter, Forbidden Forest, centaurs, where insulting them is a no-no. They are highly intelligent creatures, a species more superior than the humans. Pretty similar I guessed. Straightforward, tend to be a little blunt and definitely not one of the most sensitive people around. Egoistic? I would say yes. The article also did mentioned that they are honest people which I'm not too sure about that, but they are nice company. There are a few other characteristics which was mentioned but I can't really remember it now, since I read it some 1 year ago.

I happened to read up on Leos as well, and I remembered phrases like centre of attention, crowd puller, person who keeps the group going etc etc. You can actually check on characteristics of your Zodiac Signs and stuff over the Internet and books. Sorry I kind of drifted on the main topic of the entry, I had three conversations involving horoscope with three different groups of people in the last two weeks. And the topic was of course on Horoscope.

The first group of people I conversed with was about the Scorpios, Fire elements, compatibility between two signs. Towards the later part, I got a bit high on tequila and I can't really remember the rest of it.

Anyway, the second conversation was pretty interesting, I didn't know what got us started on the topic, but I actually stopped whatever I was doing and my colleague and I just talked about it for like an hour. There was this part where her horoscope was guessed correctly and I went on a killing spree guessing the rest of the colleagues horoscope. It helped that they were mainly Leos, Geminis, and a Pisces. No prizes for guessing that she's a Leo. The rest of the other Leos were spot on, and the first Gemini-ian was guessed correctly on a second try. If you ever ask me whether I believed in horoscope 2 years ago, I would tell you no. I'm not a fortune teller or a genius on the topic. Neither am I an avid fan of it, where I read the papers daily telling you misfortune or romance will be coming your way today. No, that's not really what I meant when I said horoscope. It's more of the way of human behaviour, how groups of people with birthdays within a short period tend to have behaviour that is quite similar to one another; how some people can bewitch you with a smile; or keep you enchanted and start a conversation where you are so comfortable with him you don't want it to end; or how you have a certain dislike towards a person the moment he comes into your view; or how you know he's a Leo..I'm not saying that Horoscope is true, but I think it's a nice topic to touch on, and whoever is interested, you can always text me, or bring it up to me and we can discuss about it. I think my knowledge is kind of limited to Pisces, Aries, Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius. Do share with me your findings and experiences on any signs as well. It would be interesting. Or if you have any disagreements, I would welcome your point of view. And if you ain't a Aries, Leo, or Saggi and would like to shed like on the topic, you're always welcome to do so. :)

*

My first friend was a Leo.
My first crush was, a Leo.
My first love was once again, a Leo.
That was in Primary School where only 2 Leos mattered.

The first friend I met was a Pisces. He was sitting in front of me.
The second friend I met was a Saggi. He was sitting behind me.
Not long after a Gemini came into my life. She was waiting for me.
Those were the three most important people in my lower secondary life.

Fights and arguments with the other signs was not uncommon.
I lost the Saggi friend.
Ms Gemini went off the radar.
Only Pisces tolerated my nonsence, along with another end Scorpio-Saggi.
The most fiery period of my life. It is best forgotten.

JC,
A Leo introduced herself and we had happy memories of tutorials and lectures.
A Saggi appeared, but he's totally uncharacteristic of one, but it didn't mattered. We became buddies.
The first person to catch my attention was a Saggi. Touche.
Friendships with Leo and Taurus was forged in Year 1.
Friendships with Leo, Aries, and late Saggi in Year 2.

Recently,
1 year ago, I think I fell for a Leo,
Most importantly, I've been keeping a crush on a late Aries. (I think I'm past it).
My first job at NTUC was with a Leo. And it was a no brainer. :P
The first person I spoke to outside Jap classes was again a Leo.
And the first person whom I enjoyed my conversation at my workplace is a Leo.

*

Is it me or are most of my friends Leos, Aries, Saggis? These 3 signs are considered to be of the fire element, and they are supposed to be able to gel with each other better than the rest of the signs. Some times you just can't help and wonder if such patterns are coincidence, or there's more than meets the eye..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo..that is very interesting. You have unearth my curiosity for horoscopes.I am a Cancer by the way.Does it mean something?haha

-08- said...

eh..I never really did kept a lookout for that leh. haha. i always thought you were an anomaly. maybe because you're a earlye leo or sth. bummer >< hm. if i do come across sth, i'll let you know k! or if you manage to dig out sth do fill me in. haha

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am an aquarius, and findings about me... Actually I used to read alot about horoscopes in the past, cos I got this weird finding that why do I have alot of frends whose birthdays are in May. Then I discover something about friendship horscope compatibilty. I find it very interesting and it actually has certain degree of accuracy.