Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Soccer

There is an Italian job to be completed tonight. Don't underestimate them or you will find yourself in a perilous situation. Expect them to tearing right into you from the first minutes for revenge will be in their minds. Stand tall, and hold your nerves. What matters will be a clean sheet. Any away goals will be consolation.

This is a delayed entry. The last time round where I kick the ball had been a jolly good one. It was the weekend before yesterday's, where we had a game with a group of Indians. It's been a long time since I had the freedom to run the pitch the way I want it. The field was great, and it wasn't packed. Our line up wasn't the best but I realised that if I were to play to my full potential then that doesn't matter. My work rate was back, and contribution in our own half was simply outstanding. The last time I stamped my authority in the middle of the park had been a long long time back. Collecting loose balls and winning tackles came along easily. I realised the joy in being a DM that day. I did received feedbacks that it had always been my best position, but I had always insisted on playing a role more upfront. I do need to work on my ball distribution in the opponent's half along with the chemistry with the striker though. Come to think of it, I did managed to get the ball where I wanted it to be twice, and got a good pass to Heng Qing. That's three out of nine chances. Which is pretty bad for a playmaker's role. Anyway, it's a complete random post with no linkage and I'm just shooting whatever that comes into my mind. Bursting into free space and getting a ball into your stride from a pass is always a nice feeling, especially when the ball lands into the back of the net within two touches. Let's do it again this Sunday.

On the same topic, and another delayed entry. I've been thinking and comparing Arsenal and Man Utd ever since the title race became tighter. I did mentioned that MU do have the knack of scoring late goals, but I missed out that the recent records of the gunners in the past 1.5 seasons contained many late goals as well, if not more, and most importantly, crucial ones. Anyway, if I
was ever a player with offers from MU and Arsenal, I would pen a contract with the London club. I would be a fool to refuse to play alongside Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez. But I do have this feeling that I will have a better time with the gunners. Maybe not of footballing sense, but in terms of team bonding, character building and camaraderie. I think it suits me more than being with the club that I support.

No comments: