Thursday, November 20, 2008

Free Frag

You know the game CounterStrike?

Some like it.
Some do not.
Some would think that it is a violent game and it should be banned.
Some would claim it's not a game for the faint hearted.
Some would think that more gore would make it more enticing.
Some would skip meals refusing to budge, staying at the screen keeping it company.
Some would spend days thinking of strategies to outwit his enemies.
Some yearn to be the best player in the game, taking part in WCG.
Some find peace in it as it is a virtual game, relieving themselves in the trigger happy game.
Some turn it into reality, mimicking the action of the character by bringing a weapon into an institution and claiming innocent lives on site.

Anyway. my point is. it is like an exam.
it drives one insane. it makes some smile so much. it could be a torture. it isn't for the faint hearted. it makes one skip meals. it makes one sacrifice sleep. it could make you not much different from a zombie. it drives you crazy.

I'm on the terrorist team now.
And a few rounds have passed.
I'm not top frag.
But i got a few kills.
My team mates like me.
Not because I got the kills.
But I'm doing my job well now.
I'm a lamb.
My game plan is simple.
Take any route.
Deceive the enemy believe that we're advancing by that route.
Wait for the rest of my teammates to flank them by another route and ambush them.
Or plant the bomb.
Secure the team's objective.
My simple instruction.
Remain alive.
With every kill under my name.
I got more deaths.
My enemy love me even more.
I'm after all.
Fresh meat.
A noob.
Waiting to be slaughter.
A.
free.
frag.

It basically reflects my paper.
I go in gung ho. With enough knowledge and equipment to survive.
I put up a fight.
I wait. I kill. I wait. I wait. I wait.
The longer I wait. The worse it seems to get. With every page I flip. The more desperate I seem to get. What I'm taught is simple. Shoot on sight. In practice, it's totally another thing in getting my act together.
My course mates probably like me for what I'm doing now. I'm doing my job well. Helping them secure their A and A**. The prof probably likes me as much. I make their job so simple. Surely they couldn't find a simpler script to mark.

I guess. It all boils down to one word.
Passion. The love for a subject.
enthusiam. dedication. peserverance.
it encompasses it all.

I guess it pretty much applies to love as well..

PS: I'm fine. I'm really fine. I just had to put up this post because this came into my mind in the midst of my paper. If i don't put it up, it will really be a great injustice.

PPS: I'm sick of waiting for the days to tick my slowly to do a paper. Seriously and honestly. I want to take them down all at a time. it's a torture. MENTALLY!

No comments: